Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Who Knows Tomorrow!

Hello Food Fans!
If you have not already heard, my 27 year old Mercian has been separated from me. During the night train from Paris to Berlin, the mile long train separated and the half with my bike went to Munich. The first 48 hours of this mishap left me in shock. The next day was depression and now, with great support from my hosts here in Berlin, we are working daily trying to locate and retrieve my trusty bike-friend. I am hopeful, but it appears that this process may take some time. I am moving forward with my project. Next week I have an appointment with Berlin city officials to discuss their kitchen waste composting system. I am going to push them to give me a tour... from kitchen to compost. Also, the organic business in Germany is one of the largest and oldest in EU. I will bring you many stories from this fantastic country. Finally, I am working on a synopsis of my French food experience... I have gleaned some great ideas for Tucson!.. please send positive thoughts about my bike... Thank you to all for your support!
The following photos:

From the Staatliche Museum zu Berlin (SMB)

Screaming man….my sentiments about my bike

In front of SMB “Who Knows Tomorrow”

Street scenes

Couch surfing host, Judith, surprised me with a birthday dinner with several friends attending. She calls daily trying to locate my bike in Munich.

Other hosts (floor surfing), the Gabrusiak brothers.. The Turkish neighborhood supplies us with many nice meals together. Waclaw afforded me SO much help in trying to locate my bike. A native Pole, his German is limited but he amazes me with his effort to find answers for me.

Scenes from SMB…

















No comments: